Same picture – different story, but history has a habit of being repeated.
Family focused items that we feel should be right on the radar:
- Research: Preventing severe and fatal child maltreatment – making the case for the expanded use and integration of data (See also, our piece on the New Zealand effort mentioned in the research)
- Research: Complex trauma and mental health in children and adolescents placed in foster care: findings from the National Child Traumatic Stress Network – This report makes the case for training all social workers to identify and assess childhood trauma as well as find the right services for children in need of support.
- Research: The roles that housing, case management and supportive services play in stabilising vulnerable families.
- Legislation: Social Workers Could Face Criminal Sanctions For Misconduct
- Legislation: Social work bill gives government power to ‘exempt’ children’s services from legal duties