The passing of time does not exonerate the perpetrators of these crimes. They must be named and publicly shamed by every means possible. There must be no hiding place – not even the grave.
Welcome to another week.
Social worker and Founder of the Migrants Trust, Margaret Humphreys has told the nation’s Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse that the abuse, lies and cover ups involved in children being sent abroad to other Commonwealth countries during the 1940s-1970s, amounted to human rights violations.
The conduct by government organisations and officials which sparked this comment includes:
- Physical and sexual abuse,
- Conditions of slavery and terror,
- Removal of identities, and;
- Lies that suggested the youngsters’ parents were dead
- Collusion and cover-up by institutions and agencies,
- State sanctioned kidnapping of children
- Children being knowingly placed into the hands of paedophiles
A 2015 debate in the House Of Lords in which Lord Blackheath confirms he and others were involved in several of these government initiatives, also confirms Margaret’s experience through her work helping former child migrants find their biological families.
Our question then, is this: who should be held…
View original post 13 more words